Seasonal Pitch & Long Term Pitch Caravan/Motorhome owners
These Park Rules are in place for the good management of Elm Cottage Touring Park and the benefit of all who use it. These rules form part of the Licence Agreement that is the contract between us for your occupation of a
pitch on the park. They should be read alongside your booking Terms and Conditions.
The Park Rules do not affect anything to which you are entitled under the terms of your Licence Agreement.
The expression ‘you’/‘your’ means the Caravan/Motorhome owner and/or occupier and this includes anyone using the Caravan/Motorhome from you.
The expression ‘we’/‘us’/‘our’ refers to the park owner and/or manager. The
expression “accommodation” means your Caravan/Motorhome.
You must make sure that anyone using the Caravan/Motorhome is aware of the Park Rules.
The rules set out below are the Park Rules referred to in your booking Terms and Conditions. You are reminded that breach of these rules is a breach of your Licence Agreement and could result in termination of the Licence Agreement.
These Park Rules are in place for the good management of Elm Cottage Touring Park and the benefit of all who use it. These rules form part of the contract between us for your holiday. They should be read alongside your
booking Terms and Conditions. These apply to your Caravan/Motorhome/Campervan/Trailer tent/Tent and our Self-catering accommodation.
The expression “accommodation” means your Caravan/Motorhome/Campervan/Trailer tent/Tent or Self-Catering accommodation.
The Park Rules do not affect anything to which you are entitled under the booking Terms and Conditions.
The expression ‘you’/‘your’ refers to all members of your party. You must make sure that anyone using the park is aware of the Park Rules.
You are reminded that we may cancel your holiday if you are in serious breach of your obligations, including these Park Rules.
You must use the park safely and should not cause danger to others.
- You must obey all health and safety notices displayed on the park and act on the reasonable instructions of park staff in matters of health and safety.
- In the unlikely event of a natural disaster or emergency please adhere to instructions given by duty staff.
- Please make yourself aware of the nearest Fire Point and Muster Point.
- You are solely responsible for securing the accommodation and any associated Awning/Gazebo etc. on your pitch.
- You may only use alarms of the silent, monitored type and not audible alarms.
Permitted number of occupiers
- Your accommodation may not be used for sleeping a number of persons greater than the number on the Booking Form nor exceed the number of persons for which it was designed.
- Your accommodation/pitch may only be used by the people named on the Booking Form; unless agreed otherwise in advance.
Visitors to the Park
- Only people lawfully visiting with your permission have permission to enter the park. A maximum of 2 adult visitors and 2 children visitors are permitted, (unless prior agreement has been made with the park), and only by prior arrangement. Charges apply that must be paid at Reception before visitors are allowed onto the park.
- Your visitors may not arrive before 9:30am and must leave the park by 10:30pm. All visitors must report to Reception before proceeding onto the park.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your visitors and all occupiers of your accommodation adhere to thePark Rules.
Ejection on grounds of behaviour
- In the event of persistent or serious misconduct by you, a member of your family, your occupiers, visitors or guests, we will follow any relevant notice procedures in our agreement with you. We do not have to follow any formal procedure to eject other visitors.
Condition of the Accommodation.
- Accommodation must be kept to a reasonable standard of appearance and in good working order.
- You are responsible for keeping the area around the accommodation clean and tidy.
- Awnings/gazebo’s etc. that are erected must be secure to prevent damage to others.
- Breathable groundsheets to be used in awnings on grassed areas.
- Always use a waste water container and dispose of it at the designated waste water points.
Seasonal Pitch specific rules
- All guy ropes, lanterns etc. must be contained within the gravel area such to allow unobstructed park operations such as mowing/strimming.
- No storage of equipment underneath the accommodation is permitted.
- One non-commercial vehicle may be parked at the Seasonal pitch, on the hard standing area. All other vehicles to be parked in the visitors’ car park.
- One storage box is permitted on the pitch, the dimensions no larger than 1.2m in height, 0.7m in depth and 1.7m in length. The box should be of a neutral colour, (i.e. beige or olive green). Its location is to be at the rear of the accommodation unless otherwise agreed.
- All gas bottles must be located within suitable lockers and not visible from the outside.
- You must switch off all gas and water connections when the accommodation is not occupied.
- If you experience any problem with the park’s electrical or water system, you should contact us immediately. You must not attempt to work on any part of the park’s electrical or water system yourself; this includes any
installations on the pitch.
- You must inform us of any alarms fitted such that appropriate action can be taken in the event that the alarm is triggered whilst the owners are not on site. Clearly labelled keys to access the alarm must be provided to
- Where security devices are fitted, spare keys must be left at reception, clearly labelled with Surname and pitch number.
- Owners must keep the outside appearance of the accommodation and associated awning/storage box etc. to an acceptable level of repair and cleanliness.
- You may not erect a hut, structure, TV aerial or washing line and/or carry out any work to the area around your accommodation and/or connect any services or utilities to the accommodation without our prior written
permission. We will only refuse our consent to such works if we think that we have a good reason to do so. If we refuse consent, we will tell you our reason(s).
- We do not permit the erection of fences or any means of enclosure of a pitch.
- You must not introduce any foreign items into the drainage system, (which includes the Elsan point), including cleaning cloths, babies’ nappies, sanitary towels, condoms, cooking fat, engine oil, grease or paint etc.
- An Elsan point is provided, all toilet waste from Elsan cassettes or “overnight” buckets must be emptied in the Elsan point.
- The usual opening and closing dates of our facilities are provided on our website. However, the dates and times of opening may be subject to change depending on seasonal fluctuations or unforeseen circumstances.
We will do our best to advise you at the time of booking of any changes at that stage, otherwise please always check prior to booking if this is important to your stay.
- The availability of our facilities is also subject to our Terms and Conditions.
Trees and shrubs
- You must not cut any trees or hedges at the park. If you find any tree or hedge a nuisance or unsatisfactory you should take the matter up with us; do not deal with it yourself.
- You must not plant any tree or shrub.
- You must not climb any tree.
- You must not tie anything to any tree or shrub without our agreement (which we will not withhold unreasonably).
- You must not dig any hole at the park nor allow pets to do so. Any holes accidentally created should be reported to a member of staff.
- It is illegal to smoke or use e-cigarettes inside enclosed public buildings. Outdoor smoking areas are provided.
- You must also refrain from smoking or using e-cigarettes in our self-catering holiday accommodation.
- If you are found to be smoking in public buildings or our self-catering holiday accommodation, you may be charged a £100 cleaning fee. This would be a serious breach of your contract with us which may lead to you
being required to leave the park.
- You may only use washing lines of the rotary type or the windowsill type and must remove them and store them out of sight immediately after use.
- You must site washing lines to avoid inconvenience to other guests and park operations.
- The use of personal washing machines and/or tumble dryers is not permitted.
- You must use the refuse bins provided.
- Recycling points are available on the park and you should use these facilities where appropriate.
- Items including but not limited to broken chairs, airbeds, tables, TV’s, gazebos etc. must be taken off site and not disposed of in the parks refuse.
Vehicles, driving and parking
- You must insure all vehicles you use on the park as for use on the public road. All vehicles must conform to the Road Traffic Act and have current tax, MOT and insurance.
- You must insure all accessories and items towed by vehicles (such as trailers, towed boats and jet skis) as for use on the public road.
- You must not keep disused or unroadworthy vehicles anywhere on the park. We reserve the right to remove any vehicle which is apparently abandoned.
- Motor vehicle repairs must not be carried out at the park, but a recognised breakdown service may attend in the event of a breakdown. Notification of attendance by a recognised breakdown service must be given to the Duty Warden via the Reception.
- No recreational vehicles can be used on the park e.g. Quad bikes, trials bikes and powered scooters.
- You must not wash vehicles on site.
- Guests are not allowed to bring lorries or other commercial vehicles on to the park without prior agreement. This includes towing vehicles.
- We permit cars onto the park for the purposes of access to the assigned pitch only. Accordingly, save to the extent that you may need to do so because of a disability, you must not drive cars round the park for other
purposes such as visiting other locations on the park.
- Driving on the park is restricted to the park roads or designated grass access routes.
- You must drive all vehicles on the park carefully and within the displayed 5mph speed limit.
- You must hold a full current driving licence to drive any vehicle on the park.
- You are not permitted to give anyone driving lessons at the park and we do not permit learner drivers to drive on the park.
- We allow a maximum of 1 motorised vehicle to be parked alongside each pitch, additional vehicles may be allowed via prior agreement but may be asked to park on the designated car park area.
- The arrangements for charging electric vehicles are as follows:
- Electric and plug-in hybrid vehicle users can pay either a single fee of £20 per day to charge their vehicles via their pitch hook up OR if a guest can demonstrate to a member of staff the actual kwh of charge used during their stay, a rate of 50 pence per kwh can be charged.
- The flat fee is based on the assumption the vehicle is plugged in for 12 hours in any given day, via your outfit, drawing power at a rate which should fully charge a hybrid’s battery and give a useful topup to most fully electric cars.
- To ensure that you charge safely, we ask that you keep both habitation and car charging demand to a reasonable usage level and that you plug the car into a mains socket within your outfit, not directly
into the bollard. If you wish to charge your vehicle via your outfit while on a pitch, then please speak to our staff either upon arrival or during your stay, and let them know how many charges you wish to make. They will then be able to take payment from you.
- We operate a security barrier with Automatic Number Plate Recognition. You can exit the park at any time.
- You must not park anywhere except in the permitted parking spaces.
- Visitors’ cars must be parked only in the allocated parking spaces for visitors, or in any space which the people they are visiting allow them to use in their place.
- You must not park anywhere except in the parking space allocated to you.
- Other than for delivering goods and services, you must not park or allow parking of commercial vehicles of any sort on the park, including:
- light commercial or light goods vehicles as described in the vehicle taxation legislation and
- vehicles intended for domestic use but derived from or adapted from such a commercial vehicle.
- You must park, and move off, with great care for pedestrians and particularly for children.
- You should respect the privacy of other users of the park and keep noise to a minimum between the hours of 10pm and 9am with absolute quiet between the hours of 11pm and 7:30am.
- You must keep away from any Seasonal pitches and not allow children to play around Seasonal pitches.
- You must finish any barbecues by 11pm.
- You must finish any gathering/party by 11pm.
- No alcohol should be consumed in communal areas such as the Children’s’ Park, Amenity Block, dishwashing areas etc.
- You must not use a drone, powered model aircraft or any other powered flying object on the park.
- Any type of fire, fireworks, Chinese lanterns or similar are not permitted. BBQ’s are permitted, ground level barbeques must be placed on bricks. Bricks are provided on the site and must be returned after use. All hot
ash must be disposed of carefully when cooled, place cooled ash in the designated ash bins provided.
- You may not ride bicycles, scooters or similar so as to cause a nuisance or undue noise.
- If you use CCTV, you must warn visitors to your accommodation by a prominent external notice attached to it, the format and wording of which you must agree with us, (our agreement not to be withheld unreasonably). The CCTV may only capture images of the area immediately around your accommodation and not of any
other part of the park, such as any path or road, or any other accommodation or its pitch and the area
immediately around it.
- You must not use the park’s water supply to fill paddling pools. Water balloons are not permitted on site.
- Dogs, cats and other pets are permitted by prior agreement at the time of booking.
- You must not bring any pets or animals when you visit the park except the following:
- not more than 4 dogs unless agreed in advance, (not to include any of the breeds subject to the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991).
- not more than 2 domestic cats.
- not more than 2 budgerigars which you must keep within the accommodation.
- Dogs, cats and other pets are not permitted in the following areas of the park:
- Amenity Block, Barn, Reception/shop.
- You must tell us before you visit the park if you plan to bring any pet or animal and answer any reasonable question about them and their suitability for our park environment. If we are not satisfied that the pet or animal is suitable for our park environment, we may tell you that you cannot bring them. This is because we cannot allow the safety of others to be put at risk.
- Any pet or animal you bring must be supervised by and under the control of you, or of a responsible adult in your party, at all times. This means you may not leave any pet or animal unsupervised in a accommodation
or other holiday accommodation or anywhere else on the park at any time, apart from small pets which live in a cage, aquarium or similar and which may be left safely for short periods. Nor may you leave any pet or
animal under the supervision of any person aged under 16. These rules apply even if the pet or animal knows the park well and you believe them to be well-behaved.
- If you do not supervise and control any pet or animal, we are likely to ask you to remove it from the park straight away. Depending on the circumstances, you may not be allowed to bring it back, or may only be
allowed to do so with our written permission, which we would not withhold once our reasonable concerns have been addressed. This is because we cannot allow the safety of others to be put at risk.
- If you see another pet or animal anywhere on the park which does not appear to be supervised by and under the control of a responsible adult, or whose behaviour gives a cause for concern, please tell us straight away.
- You must not exercise dogs on the park other than on the designated dog walk area.
- You must keep any dog on a short lead at all times on the park, except on the designated dog walk area.
- You must clean up if your animal defecates on the park.
- You must not keep any pet or animal at the accommodation or on the pitch except those which are housed in a cage, aquarium or similar and remain at all times within your accommodation.
- Your booking Terms and Conditions contains undertakings not to cause any nuisance, undue noise or disturbance. These extend to the behaviour of pets and animals.
- Nothing in these Park Rules prevents you or any member of your party from bringing an assistance dog to the park, or from using the dog exactly as at home, if this is required to support a disability and Assistance Dogs UK or any successor body has issued an Identification Book or other appropriate evidence.
- You may only play ball and other games in the areas set aside for recreation [and in any area immediately outside your accommodation agreed with us, (our agreement not to be withheld unreasonably)].
- Football should only be played in “open areas” and with soft footballs not leather balls. Other ball games should be played away from pitches using a soft foam ball.
- You may not fly kites or drones on the park due to overhead power lines.
- You may not use drones, powered model aircraft or any other powered flying objects on the park.
- You may not use skateboards, roller skates, rollerblades or microscooters around the Amenity Block area.
- You may not use any powered model cars or similar toys on the park which exceed 5mph.
- You must not feed wild birds or animals. You must not feed horses and other livestock in the neighbouringfields.
- You may not use the park address for postal or parcel deliveries unless by prior agreement.
- Children must be supervised whilst on the park and are the responsibility of their parent or guardian during their stay.
- Children must not play on the play area before 9am or after dusk.
- Children under the age of 16 should not be left unsupervised in any accommodation or on the park.
- An adult must accompany small children to the toilets.
- You must not misuse or abuse the firefighting equipment on the park.
- You must ensure that all occupants and visitors of your accommodation are familiar with the location of the Fire Points and the Muster Points on the park.
- You must not store fuels or combustible materials other than removable containers on the park.
Accommodation – Self Catering Chalet
- You are responsible for the contents of the Self Catering Chalet accommodation whilst it is let to you. If you leave the accommodation in a messy or untidy state, you will be charged for the extra cleaning at an hourly rate of £25. All damages or losses are chargeable and should be reported to the park Reception before your departure or you will be sent an invoice. Only one key is supplied per holiday accommodation and there is a £10 charge for lost keys.
- We reserve the right to make a reasonable charge to you for any damages, missing items or extra cleaning, including damage to other guests’ property.
- You are requested to bring your own waterproof mattress protectors, if required, as you will be liable for the replacement of any mattress which is soiled by you or your party.
- For any lost property, please contact the park Reception as soon as possible as any lost property will be disposed of after one month.
- We regularly take photographs and videos for promotional purposes and we occasionally receive requests from third parties to film on the park. Should you not wish to appear in any material, please pay attention to
the notices or verbal instructions when pictures are being taken.
- Photography is prohibited in the children’s play area, wash blocks, and reception/shop.
- Where others may reasonably expect privacy, you must obtain their agreement before taking a photograph in which they are identifiable. Examples are when they are in accommodation or on a pitch.
- Wi-Fi is available on a commercial basis. Voucher codes may be obtained from the reception.
- Our Wi-Fi is restricted due to our rural location and is not designed for streaming. The service may not be the same as you are used to at home.
Guidance for Accommodation owners
The Guidance below does not contain any new licence conditions or Park Rules. We use it to highlight some practical points about spending time on our park and to remind you of some of the important conditions and rules
in a less formal way.
- We require you to insure the accommodation and its contents.
- We require you to comply with the Site Licence. A copy of the current Site Licence is always available at the reception. Please note that the Site Licence may be updated from time to time.
- You may not carry out any building works at the park or erect any extension to the accommodation.
- Standalone satellite dishes count as TV aerials and are a potential nuisance to your neighbours. They
also require our prior written permission.
- Standalone satellite dishes count as TV aerials and are a potential nuisance to your neighbours. They
- We require you to give us written notice of any work to be carried out by external contractors on site.